Select to view content in your preferred language

Conditional/Hidden/Collapsing Attributes

02-04-2017 09:33 AM
DevinLavigne
Occasional Contributor III

It would be great if attributes could be conditional - and remain hidden until some other condition is met. Take for example Holisticbynature Complete Streets Rule, if there were no bike lanes, then the attributes for bike lanes would be hidden or collapsed in the inspector.  

2 Comments
DavidWasserman

I agree. Currently I have a a Complete_Streets_Simple.cga that hides 52 attributes to meet some of this need, but it is a hack that is really a reaction to how the inspector currently works. It would be great if there was an annotation for "Key attributes". So bike lane width in Devin's example would be a key attribute, anytime it is >0, all the spacing options/types/related attributes cascade out. It could be just an extension of the group annotations that already exist. 

Bee-am
by

Hi @DevinLavigne and @DavidWasserman - Has there been any improvements (or a sufficient workaround) in recent versions to support conditional visibility of CGA attributes?

If only something like using case logic when defining attributes would be acceptable in the attribute definition syntax that would help (but I understand the limitation with this as case logic is executed during rule generation).