Summarize Polygon Layer in Infographic

09-29-2023 09:32 AM
Labels (1)
ArielLow2146
Occasional Contributor II

I'm building a Business Analyst infographic. I'd like to summarize the number of polygons that intersects with my site area and be able to click on the number of polygons to see a table of polygon attributes.

It seems like the Nearby element only supports point data. Is there any way to accomplish something similar with polygon data?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

There are a couple of ways to do this:

One is if the field(s) and/or attribute(s) are identical between polygon layers, then you could use a group filter to filter both or set it so that one will filter the other based on the matching field and attributes.

Another way is to create a relationship between the two features so that when you select one, it will show all related records to that particular feature.

Another way is, if you are using Experience Builder, is you can set map actions to filter data based on matching attributes.

There might be others that I have not suggested that someone else might know of but these should suffice for what you are trying to accomplish.

0 Kudos
ArielLow2146

@RPGIS thanks for your response. I don't believe any of the ways you suggested would work for a business analyst infographic. Can you clarify whether you were talking about business analyst or talking about more general ways of doing this analysis?

0 Kudos
EllenLester
New Contributor III

@ArielLow2146 Did you ever find a way to do this?

0 Kudos
ArielLow2146

@EllenLester I didn't end up finding a way to do this. If you find one I'd love to hear about it!

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

More general way of doing the analysis.

0 Kudos