Select to view content in your preferred language

"An error occurred while creating a report"

Jump to solution
06-26-2023 11:11 AM
Labels (1)
georgedaigh6
Emerging Contributor

Hello,

I am new to my organization and one of my colleagues has tasked me with figuring out how a custom report he has created can be run by everyone in our organization.  Currently only he can run it. If anyone else tries to we get a "An error occurred while creating a report" message. 

I have logged into his account and clicked on the "Reports" tab, then "Build Reports". From there I selected the "My reports" drop down which shows his custom report. I then hovered over "Share report" and selected "Organization".

After saving these changes, then login into my account which is definitely within the organization, I am still getting the error message.

Any feedback/thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

George

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @georgedaigh6,

It's very important to understand the contents of your custom report when sharing it with your organization. Although my blog is specific to infographics, the same concepts apply to classic reports. 

Best practices when sharing and running infographics with your own data

I hope this helps.

Fasil T.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @georgedaigh6,

It's very important to understand the contents of your custom report when sharing it with your organization. Although my blog is specific to infographics, the same concepts apply to classic reports. 

Best practices when sharing and running infographics with your own data

I hope this helps.

Fasil T.

georgedaigh6
Emerging Contributor

Fasil -  I just saw your reply. I figured this out...I simply needed to change the sharing level of the person who created the report so that our organization could access it. Then I had to change the sharing settings in AGOL so that the custom data being used could be viewed our organization as well.

Thank you!

George