QT license for development with arcgis runtime for Qt

Jump to solution
06-11-2018 06:18 AM
matuskajba
New Contributor II

According to this article: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/appstudio/create-apps/licenseappstudio.htm you need Qt SDK license if you ...

"In some cases, the licenses are free but still require you to acknowledge the use of different components".

And I would like to know in what cases are licenses free (I assue this is open source version of Qt SDK) and in what case I have to buy Qt SDK license.

And I have quite the same question about using ArcGIS runtime for Qt. Do I need a commercial Qt license or can I use LGPL version of Qt?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EricBader
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Matus,

You will need a Qt Commercial license if you plan to use their local compilers that come with the Qt SDK (from The Qt Company) to compile your application, regardless of whether you used AppStudio or just the ArcGIS Runtime SDK to build it. You will need to Commercial version, not the open source version. 

I hope this helps?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
EricBader

Hi Matus,

You will need a Qt Commercial license if you plan to use their local compilers that come with the Qt SDK (from The Qt Company) to compile your application, regardless of whether you used AppStudio or just the ArcGIS Runtime SDK to build it. You will need to Commercial version, not the open source version. 

I hope this helps?

matuskajba
New Contributor II

Thank you, that is really helpful. Just to be sure, this means, that if I choose to use Visual Studio compiler, I can use open source version of Qt SDK in both cases?

0 Kudos
EricBader

You can use the VS compiler, but if you are going to put that app that you compile into 'production', you need to buy a Qt commercial developer license. You can purchase these at a discount from Esri as well.