iOS not running after Appstudio Cloud Make

08-27-2020 03:32 PM
JaguarDigital
New Contributor III

Hi

I used the Cloud Make to compile an iOS app based on QuickReport template, it doesn't show any error, neither on the analysis nor in the process

I accessed the .ipa installer through http://appstudio-ota.arcgis.com directly from Safari on an iPhone

After installation, the icon never appears and the App simply doesn't start

I already published an APK for Android that runs without any hassle. What could be wrong with the .ipa?

Any help will be appreciated

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Jaguar, 

That is weird, what version of AppStudio are you running and what is the version of iOS are you running? I just tested this using out of the box Quick Report, and I was able to install it.

However, I have signed this IPA using our Enterprise Developer certificate, and then I can side-load and install the IPA file to the iOS devices. 

What certificate did you sign this .IPA file with? Normally for this type of deployment, you need an enterprise and a developer certificate, to be able to download and side-load the IPA file to your iOS devices. And then you need to manually trust that enterprise developer certificate on your iOS devices, Install custom enterprise apps on iOS - Apple Support 

Thank you,

Erwin

JaguarDigital
New Contributor III

Hi Erwin, thanks for your answer. With further tests we found which platforms run the app properly:

- Apple iPAD 10.2 - iOS 13.5.1, Worked
- Apple iPhone X - iOS 13.5.1 Worked.
- Apple iPhone X - iOS 14.0 Worked.
- Apple iPhone 7 - iOS 12.4 Worked.

- Apple iPhone 6S - iOS 10.3.2 It didn't work

So it must be the target platform, but the only configuration setting seems to be the Cloud Make URL address. Is there anyway to set the target platform through Cloud Make?

Thanks in advance,

Oscar

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Jaguar, 

iOS 10 is no longer supported since AppStudio 3.3. 

What's new in AppStudio—AppStudio for ArcGIS | Documentation 

System requirements—AppStudio for ArcGIS | Documentation  

Thank you,

Erwin. 

0 Kudos