ESRI Cloud Make: Maximum size?

02-01-2021 11:41 AM
EricO_Neal1
New Contributor III

Before I purchase and IOS Developer account,  We would like to include a ~2gb MMPK with our AppStudio package.  Will this be too large for the Make service to handle, or is this OK?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

@EricO_Neal1 

I don't think there is a limit in size for Cloud Make, but Google Play and Apple App Store might question app with that size. I think the correct workflow is to have the MMPK hosted as item in ArcGIS Online or Enterprise, (or even your own server), then let the end-users download the MMPK after the app is installed, rather than having the 2GB MMPK pre-build in the app. 

This might work for Windows or MacOS desktop application. 

Thank you,

Erwin. 

0 Kudos
EricO_Neal1
New Contributor III

Thanks Erwin.  We are not planning to publish this to any app stores, but push it out to devices ourselves.  The MMPK needs to be pushed out once a quarter with updated data to the field workers who may not remember to download a new update.  We'd like to do this update automatically.  Basically the app will provide backup, offline, mapping functionality in case of an emergency/catastrophe and if they dont manually update, they may not have the maps that they need.

Is there a better way that you know of?

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

@EricO_Neal1 

I think what I suggested by having the MMPK being downloaded after the app is installed is the best solution, You can add MMPK expiration date so that the field workers would not use it after it is expired. https://developers.arcgis.com/qt/qml/sample-code/honor-mobile-map-package-expiration-date/ 

Erwin.

0 Kudos