Disable Splash Screen

03-21-2021 10:17 PM
DustinBaumbach1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Community,

I received a request today to completely disable the splash screen that loads before taking the user to the Survey123 form I created. After some Google searching, I determined that this was not possible because every app needs to have a splash screen (as stated in this question: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-appstudio-questions/how-to-disable-the-default-launch-image/td-...). However, this information was from 2017. Is this still accurate? If not, how would you disable to the splash screen from loading when the user clicks the application?

I look forward to hearing your responses.

Thank you,

Dustin

@ErwinSoekianto @Anonymous User 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

@DustinBaumbach1 

The solution in the previous question you highlighted will make the splash screen show a white screen. In iOS and Android you can not disable the splash screen, it is enforced and recommended that it so that user will have a nice experience while the app is getting loaded. 

The reason you are seeing because Survey123 is quite heavy, I would recommend to change change splash screen to change the splash screen to the color theme of your custom Survey123 app,  by going to Settings>Resources and Launch Image. 

Thank you,

Erwin

DustinBaumbach1
Occasional Contributor

Hi @ErwinSoekianto,

Thanks so much for your response. We ended up deciding on a splash screen icon that worked well for our organization. I appreciate your suggestion on how to solve my question though.

Thank you,

Dustin

0 Kudos