AppStudio Qt Beginnings and/or Guidebooks

06-30-2020 01:45 PM
GarrettSmith1
New Contributor III

Hello

I am trying to combine functionality of Quick Report and Map Viewer templates, or alternatively create a new custom app that will allow me to pick and choose the functionality contained in both. When I watch the configuring videos online about both Quick Report and Map Viewer I am left wanting much more detail than simply changing logos, photos, and/or linking to web maps. I would really like a more in-depth understanding of the architecture of the apps when I open them in Qt Creator. When I look at the Quick Report project in Qt Creator I have a list of files and folders. I would really like to understand what these files and folders do. For example, I have a "pages" folder. Are these different pages in the app? If so, how are these pages called up?

I think that it would be very beneficial for me to understand what is happening in the background so that I can make this app that I am creating functional for its purpose. It would also allow me to also provide other apps in the future that can solve my client's needs. 

Ultimately, are there books, websites, instructional videos, etc.. that focuses on this background or the Qt Creator side of app development?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Garrett,

We recently hosted Virtual AppStudio Workshop that was recorded, here is the details, ArcGIS AppStudio Virtual Workshop Recap 

You want to focus on Day 3 and Day 4 on the coding with QML/Javascript in Qt Creator. 

Erwin.

GarrettSmith1
New Contributor III

Hello

Thank you so much. I am going to start watching them now.

I watched a video from 2019 where you had the Angeles Crest 100 as an example. I am also an ultra runner and feel like the development of this app will be like running a 100-mile race. If nothing else, running long distances teaches one to try and keep moving forward.

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Oh ya?! Although we are striving to make this experience to be more like a walk in the park, from one ultra runner to another, all I can say is one foot in front of the other.

0 Kudos