AppStudio app not working as intended on ARM64

637
2
Jump to solution
10-09-2019 02:37 AM
KamranYusaf1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have created  a Quickreport app using AppStudio for ArcGIS 3.x which had been published succesfully to both Google Play and Apple Appstore. Because i had to update a URL in the app, i needed a new version of the app. I built the app using AppStudio for Desktop 4.0 Cloud Make (ARMv7, ARMv8 and iOS). The iOS and ARMv7 works as intended, but the ARMv8 version messes up the dropdown where the user choose the issue they want to report.

The following happens:

When clicking the dropdown box the domains are shown:

When any of the options is chosen the dropdown closes and the selection does not update:

Now it's not possible to open the dropdown again.

This is only happening on the ARM64. As Google requires an ARM64 version of the app, i am not able to update my app.

How can i fix this, so i can get my app updated?

Best regards

Kamran

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

HI Kamran,

This was fixed in 3.3 release. It happened because of Quick Report using QtQuick.Controls 1.3 which were not compatible with ARM v8 Android. Hence we updated the codebase to use the QtQuick.Controls  2.2 components. 

Please create a new QR app from the template. The changes you can see were made in files 

QuickReport/controls/Domain_CodedValue.qml

QuickReport/controls/SubType_CodedValue.qml 

You can do comparision  with the old code and new one Or you can just use the new code. Please do another build using the latest code.

Thank you.

Nakul

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

HI Kamran,

This was fixed in 3.3 release. It happened because of Quick Report using QtQuick.Controls 1.3 which were not compatible with ARM v8 Android. Hence we updated the codebase to use the QtQuick.Controls  2.2 components. 

Please create a new QR app from the template. The changes you can see were made in files 

QuickReport/controls/Domain_CodedValue.qml

QuickReport/controls/SubType_CodedValue.qml 

You can do comparision  with the old code and new one Or you can just use the new code. Please do another build using the latest code.

Thank you.

Nakul

0 Kudos
KamranYusaf1
New Contributor III

Hi Nakul,

I did a compare and changed the code in the old version, and it is now working as intended.

Thanks for the quick reply:)

/Kamran

0 Kudos