Select to view content in your preferred language

ESRI Support involvement in forum

01-05-2011 12:31 PM
JDog
by
New Contributor
Just curious if ESRI actively responds to these forums?  I'm new to the ESRI sdk's and so far they are non-existent?  As part of the EDN, what is the best method for answers to questions?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChrisBradberry
Occasional Contributor
The Silverlight forum gets a lot of attention from esri.
0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor
The entire silverlight developer team visits the forums almost every day, and tries to help out when possible (although this is of course no guarantee your problem will be resolved here). If you have specific support needs, you are of course always welcome to contact esri's support hotline.
0 Kudos
ErikEngstrom
Occasional Contributor II
I have been developing a web map viewer for our agency over the past few weeks to a month. I started with the showcase map template and have been adding to it ever since. I am not a programmer by trade, but know enough logic to get me by. Using the code within the interactive SDK, coupled with specific questions I've asked here, I've found nearly all of what I've needed. Not to say I haven't been frustrated with pesky bugs, but the support team has been a breath of fresh air. I was very nervous choosing the Silverlight platform over the Flex platform, because I initially thought that Flex got much more attention than Silverlight ever did. This may still be true, but I have been very pleased to see the presence of ESRI in many of the threads that I've looked into for ideas and answers to questions.

Just my .02 😄
0 Kudos