Select to view content in your preferred language

Simple Coordinate Display

10-22-2010 06:16 PM
PiotrWojciechowski
Emerging Contributor
I downloaded the Flex Viewer onto my server, installed, and it runs great.  Now, is it possible to link it to an excel file that has Long/Lat Coordinates?  I want to display, say 10 points on the Flex map from this Excel file.  I want to be able to hover over the displayed points so that it shows the other information in the row of the excel file. 

This seems simple enough, and I already did it in ArcGIS 9.3 but would now like to deploy it company wide.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?  Thank You all in advance for your help!

Mike G
Bronx, NY
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZahidChaudhry
Deactivated User
I downloaded the Flex Viewer onto my server, installed, and it runs great.  Now, is it possible to link it to an excel file that has Long/Lat Coordinates?  I want to display, say 10 points on the Flex map from this Excel file.  I want to be able to hover over the displayed points so that it shows the other information in the row of the excel file. 

This seems simple enough, and I already did it in ArcGIS 9.3 but would now like to deploy it company wide.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?  Thank You all in advance for your help!

Mike G
Bronx, NY

It is very simple but you have to develop a custom widget to do so. I posted a blogpost with codes, here is the link.

http://zachsgeospatial.blogspot.com/2010/06/mapping-point-data-from-excel.html

it is very easy to change codes to fit into your workflow...
Zahid
National Park Service
0 Kudos
PiotrWojciechowski
Emerging Contributor
Thanks Zahid!  Your thing looks pretty snazzy and I imported some of my data in there.  Might be a good starting point for me.

Thanks again for your help.

Mike
0 Kudos