Select to view content in your preferred language

Odd Behavior - map service often doesn't load first attempt.

07-22-2010 09:11 AM
MikeJun
Emerging Contributor
Many staff complain about map doesn't show up at first attempt even though the interface show up fine. However it will show up fine when they refresh the page or close IE and reopen the web page.

This odd behavior happens inconsistently and I wonder if they is any ways to trouble shoot this.

Thanks,

Mike.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
MatthewLawton
Deactivated User
The above solution has been running for several days and I have seen a noticeable improvement in responsiveness. I have not seen the "sleepy" service problem show up since it has been implemented.
0 Kudos
KomanDiabate
Deactivated User
Matthew,
How do you implement the above code. Is this a stand alone code or does it go somewhere in  the viewer? Thanks.
0 Kudos
SantiagoHorcajo
Deactivated User
I tried it with and without spaces before posting.  Would not run on my server, but runs fine on my pc.
I agree no change is map service display; it�??s about 50/50 for me.

Try also to "run it as Administrator". For example, run a cmd as administrator and execute it directly and I think it shouldl work well, at least for me it does. If you want to run it as a automated task in Windows 2008, you have to mark in the general tab the checkbox with a text similar to "run it with elevated privileges" (I don't know what's exactly the label of the checkbox in the english version of the operating system).
Hope it helps.
0 Kudos