Join between AttributeTable and tabular data

04-09-2013 02:52 PM
geodeveloper
New Contributor
Hello,

I have a service with a feature layer (A) and a tabular data (B).
In my Air app, I have a AttributeTable with property "featureLayer" set as my feature layer (A), so when I change my map extent, the contents of my attributeTable also changes.
So my question is:
Is it possible to make JOIN between my tabular data (B) and my attributeTable? I just want tabular data for those features which are within my current map extent.

Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III
Yes you can.  Add the tabular data to your MXD

Right click on the feature layer and select Join under joins and relates.

In the Join Data dialog choose Join Attributes from a Table and fill in the rest of the fields to join you tabular data.

However, it will not do your current extent. It will join to all the features in the feature layer.

Hello,

I have a service with a feature layer (A) and a tabular data (B).
In my Air app, I have a AttributeTable with property "featureLayer" set as my feature layer (A), so when I change my map extent, the contents of my attributeTable also changes.
So my question is:
Is it possible to make JOIN between my tabular data (B) and my attributeTable? I just want tabular data for those features which are within my current map extent.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
geodeveloper
New Contributor
Yes you can.  Add the tabular data to your MXD

Right click on the feature layer and select Join under joins and relates.

In the Join Data dialog choose Join Attributes from a Table and fill in the rest of the fields to join you tabular data.

However, it will not do your current extent. It will join to all the features in the feature layer.

Thanks for reply, rborchert

But doing this steps, my attributetable will show all the columns (columns of featurelayer + columns of tabular data) and I want my attributetable showing only columns of featurelayer and the related tabular data I want use in a chart. This chart will summarize data from features within current map extent.

Is there another way to do what I want?

Thanks
0 Kudos