Integrating streetview to my Flex Application urgent.......

09-22-2010 12:59 AM
Matildaobaseki
New Contributor
Hi All,

I did integrate Google streetview Wedge by dbechtold to my flex application ran it the first time from my flex builder, it worked, but wont display the second time i ran the flex application.

Also dbechtold  wedge  only displayed one location. I need a code( from the guru's) that when I  used the location wedge in my flex application, which uses esri geocoding Api, it registers the lalng and displays the corresponding location in google streetview panorama.

Any Ideas..................
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
44 Replies
ShawnKraft
New Contributor III
Okay what is weird is when I run the index.html from FlashBuilder, I don't get the prompt for a new map api key.  I migrate my files to my server and run it, it prompts me.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Shawn,

The Google API Key is url specific so when you request an API Key do it using the url for your deployment web server and don't be to specific. The example in my case is I have a flex app running on my production web server at address "http://gis.calhouncounty.org/FlexViewer2.2/index.html" all I want to enter in the Google API Key request form is "http://gis.calhouncounty.org".
0 Kudos
ShawnKraft
New Contributor III
That was it.  I was being too specific when I generated the first API key.  Thanks Robert!
0 Kudos
VenkatM
New Contributor
Hello,

I downloaded the Street View and More �?? Widget for FlexViewer 2.1 from the code gallery and downloaded a trial version of Flash Builder 4. I was able to follow the steps for the FlexViewer part. However, as a newbie to Flash Builder 4, I get the Error #2036 when I do a run test and also on the url itself.  Could this be Flash Build configuration error:

1. Download Flexviewer 2.1 and put flexviewer in Inetpub\wwwroot

2. Download Street View and More �?? Widget for Flexviewer 2.1
http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=dc56d2ab11534d24a5559ea9dc8f5119

3. Download Adobe Flash Builder 4 Trial Version.
4. Create a new Flash Builder, File, New Project
a. Project name: Flexviewer2_1
b. Project location: Folder: W:\wwwroot\Flexviewer2_1
c. Server Technology, Application server Type: None/Other
d. Output folder: default: bin-debug
e. Library Path defaults
i. Main source folder: src
ii. Main application file: index.mxml
iii. Output folder: bin-debug

5. Copy the flexviewer contents containing config.xml, assets, and widgets into Inetpub\wwwroot\Flexviewer2_1\src

6. Copy the folder entitled �??FrStreetView�?� found in the zip file into your widgets folder \Flexviewer2_1\src\widgets and follow the rest of FrStreetView Widget Directions

Thanks!
Kay

Hi Kay,

I came across with the same error while integrating the googles Steetview widget. I have also tried to create a new widget, still flexviewer2.2 throws same same error "Error #2036: Load Never Completed". I am new to this GIS stuff and Flashbuilder 4. If you solved the error, can you share how you resolved the error.

Thanks.
ven.
0 Kudos
KhaeSaetern
New Contributor
Hi Ven,

Didn't check this for awhile but my mistake was using the compiled ArcGIS viewer in Builder and not the source code folder when adding this widget to Flash Builder. After downloading the FlexViewer source code, I followed the instructions in the streetview folder and it worked great.

Kay
0 Kudos