Select to view content in your preferred language

Displaying coordinates on MAP

Jump to solution
05-20-2014 11:13 PM
AshishYadav
Deactivated User
Greetings to all,

I had been working with Google Maps for displaying coordinates till now, but then came across ARCGIS and was exited to work with this. Started a day or two ago, came across a strange behavior and i am desperate to get a work around on this.

The coordinates (30.7764803800,76.0161244300) points out to place X in INDIA where as the same represents a place in AFRICA.

Looking forward to some assistance on this.

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
AshishYadav
Deactivated User
Hi @nasha001,

Thanks for the help again.
I had tried it out the way you have mentioned and as the link says which you suggested.
It did worked when i had the pass the data as static as mentioned in the example.
However, when i retrieve the data from the database and pass it through a loop it marks the point in a randomize manner.
As the result i get a a disturbed polyline on the MAP.
Please find the attachment(i hope i am able to put my concern in front of you again).

Thanks
0 Kudos
AaronNash1
Frequent Contributor
Have you looked at the API reference? You can use the insertPoint method if you know the order in which the map point needs to go, or you could create an array of mappoints using the addPath method and then create the polyline. Its hard to diagnose an issue without looking at how you are creating the polyline
0 Kudos