Select to view content in your preferred language

Deploying Flex Application to Web Browser

10-14-2010 08:45 AM
DidumAbraham
New Contributor II
In Flash Builder 4, after completing my flex application, I clicked Project, Export Release Build..., put in the appropriate project and application files, and had it exported to a new folder in bin-release\new_file. When done, I clicked the finish button and viewed the html extension file in the new_file folder, however, I noticed that my application failed to work correctly as opposed to the one recently ran in Flash Builder 4. Any suggestions as to why the application failed to work as intended?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
When you ran the release build, did you run it via a web server or directly from the file system? It should be run from a web server since Flash has different security restrictions when run from the file system.
0 Kudos
timgogl
New Contributor II
also remember that all associated files that your application may need should be pathed in relation to the html page your swf resides.
0 Kudos
DidumAbraham
New Contributor II
When you ran the release build, did you run it via a web server or directly from the file system? It should be run from a web server since Flash has different security restrictions when run from the file system.

Yes, I ran it using web server and it is working as intended.  My manager had resolved the issue.  Thank you for your time.
0 Kudos