Select to view content in your preferred language

Customize the look of Sample Flex Viewer

05-17-2011 08:02 AM
StuartBlumberg
New Contributor II
This is probably a stupid question but for the life of me I can't figure out how to customize the look of the Sample Viewer (2.3.1).  In 1.x they had *.css files we could customize.  At the moment I just want to make the basemap buttons larger and different colors, and eventually I want to change colors and placement of things elsewhere.  Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JustinRobinson
Deactivated User
Well, there's a couple ways to do this. This help article will guide you in the right direction if you haven't already seen it:

http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapps/flexviewer/help/index.html#/Setting_styles_for_the_Viewer/01m30000...

You can also directly edit the .css files if you are compiling the viewer from source.

Picking and choosing a single element to change the size of doesn't appear to be an easy feat. Most likely this will require to you edit the widget itself and not its styling, although after a quick look, I'm unsure how to exactly accomplish this. The edit will be done in the MapSwitcherWidget.mxml file under src/widgets/MapSwitcher/. I believe the height can be set somewhere within the ActionScript of this widget, but currently is inherited from BaseWidget.
0 Kudos
StuartBlumberg
New Contributor II
Thank you Xemoka, I looked and looked but just couldn't find that css for some reason!!
0 Kudos
JustinRobinson
Deactivated User
Thank you Xemoka, I looked and looked but just couldn't find that css for some reason!!

I'm not sure if this means your still unable to find it or not, so in-case:

If your having trouble finding it, it's under /src/(default package)/defaults.css  from within Flash Builder or under /src/defaults.css

This can only be found in the -src distributed viewer, and you will require flash builder (or some tinkering and flashdevelop) to re-build the project.
0 Kudos
NatashaManzuiga
Occasional Contributor
I'm not sure if this means your still unable to find it or not, so in-case:

If your having trouble finding it, it's under /src/(default package)/defaults.css  from within Flash Builder or under /src/defaults.css

This can only be found in the -src distributed viewer, and you will require flash builder (or some tinkering and flashdevelop) to re-build the project.

Hi, is there any guide to compile Sample Flex Viewer with FlashDevelop?
Naty
0 Kudos