Select to view content in your preferred language

Choosing the snapping layer

Jump to solution
02-07-2013 07:12 AM
ab1
by
Occasional Contributor II
Hello,

I'd like to know if it is possible to choose the layer(s) on which I can snap the graphic I'm moving. Currently, when I activate snapping, my graphics are snapped on all feature layers of the map. I don't want this behaviour.

Resgards
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
Ok thanks Bjorn. Is there any workaround to specify the layer on which I want to snap?

No.
Except for the obvious one of not using GraphicsLayer/FeatureLayer for the layers that you don't want to snap to. (and yes I realize that might not be an option for some use cases).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
I'd like to know if it is possible to choose the layer(s) on which I can snap the graphic I'm moving

"Snapping occurs to any node in any client-side graphics in GraphicsLayer or FeatureLayer."
Ref: http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-api/apiref/com/esri/ags/tools/EditTool.html

You can't specify which ones.
0 Kudos
ab1
by
Occasional Contributor II
Ok thanks Bjorn. Is there any workaround to specify the layer on which I want to snap?
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

No.
Except for the obvious one of not using GraphicsLayer/FeatureLayer for the layers that you don't want to snap to. (and yes I realize that might not be an option for some use cases).
0 Kudos