Select to view content in your preferred language

Basemap and Layer in mobile application

03-27-2014 08:30 AM
francescodi_vito1
Deactivated User
Hello to all,
I have recently developed a mobile application using the API 3.6 and i used any example of resource center.
I have developed a lsit of basemap in a calout button for switch basemap and with the same way i have developed a list of layers with a checkbox for show and hide. But in this way the basemap list and layer are developed in a first view.
Is there any example can i study to create a list of basemaps in a second view and move the selection to the a first view? And also some examples of the list of layers to turn on and off in a separate view?
Thank you for any contribution
Greetings
Francesco
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AaronNash1
Frequent Contributor
Francesco,

I think I understand what you are asking, you have a 2 lists of information that are isolated into the view they were created in. The view architecture is a great framework for simple application, I think when an application becomes more advanced it moves past the limitations of a view. Please review how this project on Github is designed. Instead of creating the application in a ViewNavigatorApplication you use Application and then nest the ViewNavigator in a group. Now you can update your list in another group on application startup and then update or change data in your view. The example creates a slide off navigator exposing a list which updates the view with what the user selects.

Another method would be to use a framework like Parsley, there are a few good blog post like this one. Using Dependency Injection framework you can pass your data around through dependency injection. I used this framework to pass data between tabbed views in a mobile application.

Aaron
0 Kudos