Select to view content in your preferred language

Adding zoom scales to the Sample Viewer

09-08-2010 12:07 PM
CPennington
Deactivated User
Hello,

Quick question- maybe- Is it possible to increase the zoom capability of the Sample viewer 2.0? I have some Hi Res imagery on top of the base maps for feature identification and user editing, but the zoom stops too far out to do my 1 foot imagery justice.

So what would my solution be? caching my imagery and going to tiled (which i should probably do anyway for speed right?)

Can this even be done in the sample viewer or will i need the source code/compile version?

thanks,  Chris
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Chris,

What you would need to do is add extra LODs (Levels of Display) to the map and to do this in the SampleViewer yes you will need the source code, because you would have to add the LODs in by code in the MapManager.
0 Kudos
CPennington
Deactivated User
Thanks Robert

Is the source code in the viewer download? or do i need to start with the uncompiled api download and build from there?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Chris,

The source code for the ArcGIS Viewer for Flex is available from a Quick Link at:
http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapps/flexviewer/
0 Kudos
CPennington
Deactivated User
yeah,

I guess im just going about it wrong. I'm trying to do what I did with the first sample viewer where you unzip it and import it into flex builder 3(flash builder 4 trial now with the beta2 viewer) bu tit tells me there is no valid project.

Sorry I usually hack my way through these until somehow they work!maybe not the best workflow...
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos
CPennington
Deactivated User
Oh I See! I have to load a cached layer as a base to set the zoom scales. I added the topo layer from arcgis online and it gets me in close enough, but if i cache my local imagery and set it as my base I'll be able to zoom way in.

thanks a bunch Robert, I just needed a little nudge. And that was exactly what I needed- Man you're good at this!
0 Kudos