Select to view content in your preferred language

how remove a feature class with arcpy

Jump to solution
08-14-2015 03:03 PM
GustavoCordero
Deactivated User

I'm using ArcGIS 10.3

I'm doing a script with python and I need to automate the process of deleting feature class in a geodatabase

someone known to function lets me do what I need?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor
8 Replies
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Ian use 10.3 links...yours goes nowhere...this is for Delete_management which works the same in 10.2 and 10.3

Delete—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

Since this is a 10.3 issue, I agree, use 10.3 links. However, if you copy/paste the url Ian posted, it works. The GeoNet forums just don't handle it correctly. Alternatively, you can click the email link in the upper right of the 10.1-10.2 help page to get a "cleaner" url that seems to work in GeoNet.

ArcGIS Help 10.2 - Delete (Data Management)

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Blake... too many rules to remember ...

besides the only time I would dredge up a 10.1/10.2 link is if there was a difference in behaviour​ and in a year or so the 10.3 links will be moot

0 Kudos
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

Sorry to keep derailing this topic, but do you have any suggestions on how to effectively search the new ArcGIS Help? My Google-Fu is strong with finding 10.1-10.2 stuff but Google never seems to return results from the "current" 10.3 site.

0 Kudos
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

That is my problem as well, I can easily google search the 10.1/10.2 links, but 10.3 is more trouble.  I probably should just bookmark the 10.3 help home, that way I can use the internal search.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Blake, good tip about copying the URL from the "email link" option.  Although I agree with Dan, 10.3 vs 10.1/.2 difference can be minimal, there can be some especially when it comes to Python arguments. So good to know...but guess we all need to check our links right after we post....can't really do it until after.

0 Kudos
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

Dan I know, its just a pain to go find 10.3 links sometimes.  Hence why I have it posted with the bare url showing, that way a user can just copy and paste the text link.

In other news, we all need to stop hijacking discussions with somewhat off-topic conversations, I know we aren't quite as strict as stackexchange, but I feel posts in these threads should be relevant to the question, so either we should take the conversation to a relevant thread(I know there have been a few relating to hyperlinks), create a new thread, or take care of it in a PM(if people are following each other).

0 Kudos