Feature Class not Visible

09-13-2018 10:04 AM
TatianaGarcia
New Contributor

Hello,

I have a shapefile that I have added into my project on ArcGIS Pro but I am not able to see it. I can see the attribute table and when I click on zoom to layer it takes me to the correct location but I still can't see it. It has the same projected coordinate system as the rest of the layers I am using. If I select a feature on the map I can see the selected feature as shown on the attached picture. 

I have tried to exported out as another shapefile but It has not worked. 

Is there anything I can do to make the layer visible?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Tatiana,

Can you post a bigger screenshot of your ArcGIS Pro project? Is that aerial image layer on top of your feature layer? Maybe also try a Repair Geometry on your layer as well to see if that gets it behaving better.

0 Kudos
TatianaGarcia
New Contributor

Adrian the aerial imagery is my basemap and I have the feature class layer on top not displaying.  

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Tatiana, I'd be curious to see a bigger screenshot out of curiosity on how the layers are arranged. Plus, it doesn't hurt to try and using the Repair Geometry tool on your layer to see if it helps.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Can you try exportng the shapefile from ArcCatalog into a file gdb and then add the file gdb feature class into Pro? 

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Open a new map devoid of any basemaps or any other file.

Add that one file to the map... can it be see now?

0 Kudos