Edit attributes using the ArcGIS connector for Autodesk (Civil 3d)

Jump to solution
09-24-2020 05:23 AM
RobinRutten
New Contributor

Hello
Currently, I am working on integrating GIS and BIM. For my research, I want to use the ArcGIS Connector for Autodesk in Civil 3D.

Overall, the Connector works as desired. In ArcGIS Enterprise, I published some feature layers. Subsequently, in Civil 3D, I was able to import the layers with the use of the ArcGIS Connector. However, in Civil 3D occurs my problem: I am not able to edit the attributes of the layers. The attributes are greyed out and are not editable (See image below). In the settings tab on ArcGIS Enterprise, I have enabled all the edit settings.

Could anyone give me advice on how I could overcome this problem?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobinRutten
New Contributor

I found the solution for my problem. The ArcGIS Connector for Autodesk in Civil 3D is available since the update of 2020.1. With this tool it was able to load GIS data into the drawing, to view the data, and to adjust geometries. However, I needed the update Civil 3D to the 2021.1 version. This update makes it possible to edit the attributes entries of GIS data and to send it back to ArcGIS Online. So by updating  the software, I resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
David
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Considering you were able to publish data from ArcGIS Pro, you should have sufficient privileges to edit the layer in Civil3D. If you were using the Connector with a Viewer named user account, then no editing would be possible. Can you confirm that the user in Civil3D has an Editor user type or higher?

If that's not the case, see if you can bring in any other layers from ArcGIS Enterprise. Does it happen to every editable layer, or just that one?

0 Kudos
RobinRutten
New Contributor

I found the solution for my problem. The ArcGIS Connector for Autodesk in Civil 3D is available since the update of 2020.1. With this tool it was able to load GIS data into the drawing, to view the data, and to adjust geometries. However, I needed the update Civil 3D to the 2021.1 version. This update makes it possible to edit the attributes entries of GIS data and to send it back to ArcGIS Online. So by updating  the software, I resolved the issue.

0 Kudos