Change Server account to domain account

Jump to solution
12-19-2019 08:51 AM
SeanO_Neill
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have Arc server 10.7.1 federated with Portal 10.7.1.  I am needing to change the arc server account to a domain account, but when I try to do so within the ArcGIS Server account utility I receive "the network path was not found" error.

I have verified that I am on a domain, that the user I'm trying to use is able to log into the machine via the domain on the server machine, to no avail. I can see this user/domain users through Portal Admin with no problems. and am activley authenticating users in Portal with Active Directory. Can the arc Server account be altered in this way when server is  federated?  

I've tried solutions from this article:

Use nested groups in a Windows Active Directory identity store—ArcGIS Server Administration (Windows... 

Still, I cannot connect. 

Does anyone have any insight?  I can see this user through Portal Admin with no problems. 

Can the arc Server account be altered when federated?  

Any insight is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SeanO_Neill
New Contributor II

In my case, I had to go to services>ArcGISserver>Properties>Log On>Browse>Locations>Entire Directory>check for my domain account> and update the account infofrom there. I am now logged on with a domain account.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SeanO_Neill
New Contributor II

In my case, I had to go to services>ArcGISserver>Properties>Log On>Browse>Locations>Entire Directory>check for my domain account> and update the account infofrom there. I am now logged on with a domain account.  

0 Kudos