Rematching Address ArcGIS Pro 2.4

Jump to solution
09-06-2019 04:07 PM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I just geocoded a table of addresses using a locator created in Pro 2.4.  All went well.

However I've hit a little snag. I had 7 addresses that did not match, 5 of which were PO boxes (expected), one is not in my area of interest so it's an unknown street, and another had the city name in the address field.  Cool.  All legit.

But...

I noticed one address that is not in my area of interest; in Utah this can easily happen since all cities and counties use a similar grid system so an address that matches in city A, may also match in cities B through Z. Again, no big problem.  

How does one unmatch an incorrectly matched address given my description above?

Nothing in the rematch window jumped out at me, so I just went into the attribute table and calculated Status to 'U'. Yeah well, that isn't how you do it! Now when I try to rematch the address, it only shows one address as unmatched: the one I jacked up.  The others still show as unmatched in the attribute table, but do not show up in the rematch pane.

Eric Anderson‌ and Shana Britt : I know you guys have missed me....  

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Joe:

An unmatch button was added to the Rematch Addresses pane in Pro 2.4, one of three new buttons on the pane. You would select that record, then click the unmatch button, outlined in green below. 

Did you have the unmatched record you modified the status of selected in the table when you were looking at the Rematch Addresses pane? Make sure no records are selected in the attribute table of the geocode result as the Rematch Addresses pane will update the display as well. Do the other 6 unmatched addresses show in the Rematch Addresses pane when no records are selected or the geocode result is added to another map or project?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Joe:

An unmatch button was added to the Rematch Addresses pane in Pro 2.4, one of three new buttons on the pane. You would select that record, then click the unmatch button, outlined in green below. 

Did you have the unmatched record you modified the status of selected in the table when you were looking at the Rematch Addresses pane? Make sure no records are selected in the attribute table of the geocode result as the Rematch Addresses pane will update the display as well. Do the other 6 unmatched addresses show in the Rematch Addresses pane when no records are selected or the geocode result is added to another map or project?

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Shana Britt‌:

Rematch Addresses pane in Pro 2.4, one of three new buttons on the pane : Found it!

Did you have the unmatched record you modified the status of selected in the table when you were looking at the Rematch Addresses pane?  Yes!

Now that I've cleared any selected records, all the unmatched records show up, including the one I 'manually' unmatched.  Happy to say this functionality works well now that I know where to look.  There are a couple of different help pages: this one has what I was looking for while this one does not.  You can guess which one I was looking at last week...

Thanks for your help!

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos