Unable to remove Locators in Pro

11-15-2019 09:58 AM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

ArcGIS Pro 2.4

I have noticed a situation recently that is puzzling as well as annoying.  I do a lot of geocoding, as well as geocode locator and geocode address locator development.  Often times I will have a dozen or more locators of some flavor or another available in a project.

The problem I'm experiencing is when I try to remove (red x) more than one locator from the Locate pane. Sometimes I can remove one locator from the stack and it won't let me return to settings to remove another. See attached gif; it lets me return to Settings after removing one, but after I remove another, settings won't let me in.

Surely this is not expected behavior; has anyone else noticed this?

Shana Britt

Eric Anderson

That should just about do it....
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
EricAnderson17
Occasional Contributor

Hi Joe,

Certainly not expected behavior. Can you please confirm your exact version (2.4.1, 2.4.2)?

I tested this with ArcGIS Pro 2.4.2 and it seems to behave as expected for me - 11.15.2019-10.03.33 

Are all the locators you are removing built with the Create Locator tool, or is it a mix of locators and address locators? 

Can you reproduce this with any mix of locators added to your project? Any particular order needed to reproduce? 

Thanks!

Eric

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Hey Eric- thanks for the quick response!

2.4.0: I have a personal policy of not doing incremental updates since I hate to recreate my python envs.

Seems like a mixture of locators and address locators.  I just opened up a new project and I was about to start testing there when I noticed your post.  I'll let you know what I find....

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Eric- it seems the problem behavior is restricted to a particular project. Not sure what makes it special, but the best I got from it is delete 4 locators before it started misbehaving. Seems like the thing to do is delete the project...

EricAnderson17
Occasional Contributor

Interesting find Joe! Is this a project you've been using for a long time? Out of curiosity, if you remove the locators using a different workflow (removing them from the Locators folder in the Catalog pane), does that cause the same issue? 

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Removing them in a catalog pane seems to work just fine.  If it manifests again in another project I'll start a case, and email you the number....

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

I tried to reproduce the behavior in the 2.5 release we are working on and was not able to reproduce. The Locate pane has a different look for the next release so it may not be a problem there. If you are part of the Early Adopter Program you can test out beta versions of ArcGIS Pro.

DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi @ShanaBritt  - I can confirm this is still an issue at 3.  Here's a post I put up yesterday:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/arcgis-pro-3-0-won-t-remove-locators-from-project...

It does turn out I do have 2 10.x address locator services being referenced in the project and I am working to delete those from enterprise and server.  We'll see how it goes. 

@JoeBorgione 

@EricAnderson17 

0 Kudos