Exporting Map - Line Distortion Problem

06-24-2015 01:51 PM
Joshua_Montanez
New Contributor II

I'm having this problem when exporting the project.  I'm working on a 8' x 4' info sign on Arcmap 10.2.2.  I have tried exporting jpg, png, pdf without success.  Also tried some recommendations for dashed lines found in another forum.  I'll appreciate any help in the matter. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
22 Replies
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Hi Joshua, what's the issue exactly? I don't see anything obvious in your screenshot.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Should the lines be dashed? As Sephe Fox is saying, could you elaborate on what is wrong with the image?

Is this what you want to be exported (e.g. a screenshot), but the export is wrong (then include an example of what is exported) or is that what was exported, then please include a screenshot of what it should be.

0 Kudos
Joshua_Montanez
New Contributor II

No, the lines are solid.  I mentioned the dashed lines referring to other discussion.

How it should be (above)

https://community.esri.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-530855-113323/ScreenShot.png

how it export

0 Kudos
Joshua_Montanez
New Contributor II

Hi thank you for the quick response.  Here is another screen shot that shows more clearly the problem.

ScreenShot.png

The grey lines are the streets, they are not suppose to have those indentations.  I've circled some of them. 

The number of indentations increase relative to the resolution of exportation. 

0 Kudos
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

How are the lines symbolized? Are they simply a heavy point single line, or are they constructed in a more complex way?

0 Kudos
Joshua_Montanez
New Contributor II

I've tried with Cartographic Line Symbol and with Simple Line Symbol.

0 Kudos
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

I was looking for a more detailed answer, perhaps a screenshot of the symbology for your line? I would like to know specifically the symbology settings for the screenshot that you posted. Another question, are these digitized as solid lines with no breaks in them?

0 Kudos
Joshua_Montanez
New Contributor II

SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Great, thanks! So what does it look like is you just use a 20 point simple line?