editing circles

Jump to solution
07-07-2020 05:35 AM
Shahzada_Raees_IqbalGillani
New Contributor

Hi,

I am new to ArcGIS Pro and I had a basic question that I could not find via google.

I have created a feature and then dragged it on the map as a layer. Then created a circle with radius x, after my circle has been created, I would now like to edit this radius to be something other than x. How can I do this?

Please help.

Kind regards,
Raees

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LukasFalk
Esri Contributor

Hello Raees,

After doing a bit of testing it doesn't look like you can reshape the circle based on a specified radius after it has already been created.  You can within the Modify Features pane use the Scale tool to alter the size of the circle, but not by specifying a radius.  

I think the best course of action for you would be to just create a new circle with the new radius value you want.  You can find some additional documentation about creating circle polygons at the URL below. 

Create circles and ellipses—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LukasFalk
Esri Contributor

Hello Raees,

After doing a bit of testing it doesn't look like you can reshape the circle based on a specified radius after it has already been created.  You can within the Modify Features pane use the Scale tool to alter the size of the circle, but not by specifying a radius.  

I think the best course of action for you would be to just create a new circle with the new radius value you want.  You can find some additional documentation about creating circle polygons at the URL below. 

Create circles and ellipses—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

I hope this helps!

Shahzada_Raees_IqbalGillani
New Contributor

Hi Lukas,

Thank you for taking the time to look into this.

I'm saddened to hear that there isn't a way, but alas I took your suggestion to just delete and create a new circle (or alternatively have just been using ctrl + z to undo and re-draw the circle with desired radius).

Thank you for your help! 

0 Kudos