Transfer attributes from 2d Polygon FC to 3D Multipatch

07-02-2012 04:41 AM
KathrinSchulte-Braucks
New Contributor III
Hello there,

I've got a 2d Polygon FC with building footprints and a 3d multipatch imported from Collada (CityEngine). During the collada export, all attributes of the buildings were lost. Is it possible to transfer the attributes in ArcScene from the 2d polygons to the corresponding 3D multipatch features? Is there something like Spatial Join 3D? Intersect 3D did not work.

Thanks

Kathrin
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
michellewang
New Contributor
In ArcScene you should be able to keep the attributes from the 2d polygons to the corresponding 3D multipatch features by using the tool called Layer 3D to Feature Class. Then convert Multipatch feature class to Collada. 
When importing your Collada model back to ArcScene, start 3D Editor and select Replace With Model from dropdown list to replace your existing Multipatch model. In this way your new model will have the same attribute information as the one from the old Multipatch model. 

Hope this helps.

Michelle
0 Kudos
KathrinSchulte-Braucks
New Contributor III
Hey, thanks for your hints.

The reimport to collada works out now, but I only can replace single features. Since I have hundreds of features in my FC, this would be a looot of work. Is there a way to use "Replace with Model" via Python or ModelBuilder?

Thanks,

Kathrin
0 Kudos