Profile Graphs: Editing the Interpolate Line

07-26-2011 12:26 PM
marieducharme
Occasional Contributor
Hello All,

So, here I am, a neewby to most of the 3D Analyst tools. I am creating some profile graphs, using interpolate lines. I have figured out the basics easilly, but now am starting to have some questions namely:Once you have created the interpolate line, is there any way to edit it, and have the profile graph update accordingly?

For example: I draw a line that is approximatly 100 meter long, create the profile graph, edit the profile graph feature to make it look all nice. Now lets say my project manager wants to see the profile graph for a slightly longer line (or in a slightly different location). Is there any way that I can edit the interpolete line and have the graph refresh to show the new profile? I tried moving the interpolate line manually using the "edit vertex" tool. If that is not possible, is there a way to save the profile graph properties so that one does not have to manually change all the settings again, if the interpolate line needs to be changed?

I will keep plugging at it and will post if I find some solutions/work-around.

Cheers!

Marishka!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor
Currently, the dynamic profile graph is not available. However, there is an existing request there on the ideas page for the functionality you are describing.  I would recommend promoting that as that is a direct way to express  interest in your idea for the decision makers here.  The higher the score the better it's opportunity to be implemented.
0 Kudos
JuliaLindeman
New Contributor II
Hello Marishka,

There is a workaround for the problem you are having.  The instructions are in the attached pdf.

Cheers,
Julia
0 Kudos
JuliaLindeman
New Contributor II
Hello again!

This version of the instructions has been updated to include how to create M Values for curved lines that may be refreshed rather than just straight lines.

Julia
0 Kudos