Select to view content in your preferred language

Problem to include attribute names when doing LAS to multipoints

05-25-2024 02:56 AM
NinaMichael
New Contributor

Hello, I have a proble when I use the tool LAS to multipoints. I want that my final multipoints layer keeps the attribute names "Classification" in order to be able to filter the layer and make appear only the vegetation. But even if I precise the attribute I want to keep when using the tool, the final layer doesn't have any field with the classification, so the attribute wasn't taken in account  during the process I think. Do you have a solution? Or do you know another way to export the layer in my geodatabase with all the attrivutes conserved?

Best regards,

NM

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LizAbbey
New Contributor II

One workflow you could try is to extract each class individually from the las dataset and create multiple multipoint datasets by class: Filter las (one class at a time)>extract las (extracts a new las file with only one class)>las to multipoint. You will end up with one multipoint feature class per lidar classification. If you need the multipoints all in the same dataset, you can add a field in the multipoint datasets and populate it with the classification, then merge/append all the data back together. 

0 Kudos