Select to view content in your preferred language

problem of the display the lidar dataset in arcscene

09-05-2013 09:01 PM
yangli1
Emerging Contributor
[ATTACH=CONFIG]27251[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27252[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27253[/ATTACH]

Hi,
i got the footprint,lidar data and aerial photo which i need to use for constructing urban 3d model. i saw some tutorials online, but there is one problem for me.

i can open lidar dataset in arcmap (as showd in picture 1 - ground lidar dataset), there are many points in 2d.
but when i open it in arcscene 10.1, first several seconds there is a just a box (picture 2), after that nothing shows in the arcscene.
but i saw online tutorial, they all can open las dataset in acrscene like cloudy points.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor
[ATTACH=CONFIG]27251[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27252[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27253[/ATTACH]

Hi,
i got the footprint,lidar data and aerial photo which i need to use for constructing urban 3d model. i saw some tutorials online, but there is one problem for me.

i can open lidar dataset in arcmap (as showd in picture 1 - ground lidar dataset), there are many points in 2d.
but when i open it in arcscene 10.1, first several seconds there is a just a box (picture 2), after that nothing shows in the arcscene.
but i saw online tutorial, they all can open las dataset in acrscene like cloudy points.

Hi Yang,

Maybe the amount of data causes this effect. You could try to reduce the amount of data to be displayed by using the "Area of Interest tool" in ArcScene. More info here:
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//00q800000144000000

Kind regards,

Xander
0 Kudos