Select to view content in your preferred language

Hello, I am trying to create a LAS Dataset. The original data can be previewed with LIDAR online previewer. Each time trying an error message pops up. I use ArcGIS 10.3 with 3DAnalyst. I simply follow the help. Regards.

04-26-2016 03:51 AM
MalgorzataHanzl
New Contributor

Hello, I am trying to create a LAS Dataset. The original data can be previewed with LIDAR online previewer. Each time trying an error message pops up. I use ArcGIS 10.3 with 3DAnalyst. I simply follow the help. Regards.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
BenjaminMittler
Occasional Contributor III

What error message are you receiving? Also can you go through your process of creating the dataset.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Malgorzata,

Like Benjamin said, I too would like to know what your error message said and what steps you took to get there. Is your original data in a .las format?

0 Kudos
MalgorzataHanzl
New Contributor

Dear Both,

Thank you for the interest. Actually the only information on the type of an error I have got was that the background process produced a serious error and had to be terminated. The data has been bought from official source. And it is visible and all correct when previewing. Could this be that I use student version of the software? However the data is required for the education purpose .

Best regards

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Malgorzata,

Would it be possible for you to attach one of your .las files here for us to look at and try out?

0 Kudos
BenjaminMittler
Occasional Contributor III

Under Geoprocessing -> Geoprocessing Options, check of the box that says "enable" under background processing. Then try creating the dataset again.

I wouldn't think having the student version would have any impact on this

* This is just a guess