Select to view content in your preferred language

Analyze tools in Scene Viewer not supported for voxel layers

08-29-2022 04:18 AM
cbp-geus
Occasional Contributor II

We have a voxel model as a NetCDF which we managed to share as a 3D web scene through AGOL. The voxel model shows up nicely but when we use the analyze tools with the slice option it does not work for the voxel model. Only the dem, overlays, city model etc. are sliced. This is of course a bit disappointing as the whole purpose of showing the model is for the users to slice the model according to the area of interest combined with various GIS data.

From what we can see in the What's New in Scene Viewer (March 2022), the Analyze tools in Scene Viewer are not available with voxel layers. Will this be a feature in the future?

web-scene-voxel-slicing.png

Christian Brogaard Pedersen
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

There are ongoing discussions on adding support for voxel layers. I would recommend logging an idea and then you can track the status of the idea over time.

thanks,

Andrew

cbp-geus
Occasional Contributor II

Hi @Andrew--Johnson ,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will do that. Do you happen to have a link to some of the discussion forums?

Christian Brogaard Pedersen
0 Kudos
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

I'd probably submit it in the ArcGIS Online ideas exchange https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-ideas/idb-p/arcgis-online-ideas 

thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos