Scene Viewer Performance Issue on High Resolution Display

04-11-2019 06:11 PM
KarlTian
New Contributor III

We have a slpk file directly generate by Context Capture from oblique photographic images.
We publish a service and view it online in SceneViewer.
It doesn't have any geometry at root(level 1) and level 2 nodes. Although we believe this would be a Context Capture problem, but also something we want to ask here.

On my own computer, with a 1080P display, it looks fine.
But on other computer, with dual-4K display, it took very long time to load in full extent, and seems fine if focus to small, local extent.

We've tried turn up the maxError value on level 3, I believe that would force to load only level 3 which is smaller and faster.
Still fine in my 1080P display, very little improve in dual-4K display.

So I start to wonder, how does it react on high resolution display? What's the difference between 1080P and dual-4K display? What can I do to improve this?

We are working with ArcGIS Pro 2.3, ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7 and Context Capture Center Edition Update 11
Both computer and the host server have hi-end environment so it's not on this

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlanRex1
Esri Contributor

Hi Karl,

I briefly chatted with some of our developers about this issue and they'd like 1) a sample package that will reproduce the issue you're seeing and 2) a Tech Support case logged so we can potentially get a bug logged.  

It looks like you might reside outside of the US though?  

If you're in the US would you mind creating a case via Esri Accounts?

If you're outside of the US, are you able to create a case with your country distributor?  

If you can get a case logged, let me know the case number and I'll reach out to the analyst to coordinate this.  If you can't get a case logged let me know and I will direct message you to hopefully get any sample slpk you might be able to provide.  

Thanks!

0 Kudos
KarlTian
New Contributor III

Hello Alan,

I'm in China, and we do having discuss with Esri China's tech team. They put a lot hard work in this matter, but so far not very promising, so I put it here seeking more opinion and help.

Unfortunately, a sample slpk is not an option, not only because of confidentiality, but more important is that it's very large piece of a slpk, about 120GB, during our research we do produce some smaller piece(8GB) for testing. Even some test methods worked on smaller piece, the same apply to the original big one didn't come out as we hope.We thought that's relevant with file size, too. 

However, if you thought otherwise and do need a small sample, please let me know. I am willing to provide one.  

Also repruduction is not an option as well, cost too much time and resources, also the control points is classified, and require them one more time is very complicated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
AlanRex1
Esri Contributor

Hi Karl,

A few thoughts:

• I think we should get the Esri China case escalated to Esri here in the US.  Can you request your analyst in Esri China to do that?  That will help us if we need to log a bug, get development involved in the investigation, etc.
  • Would you be able to provide a small sample of data (through the case, ideally)?  Even though it doesn't reproduce the problem you're reporting, it could help the developers to understand the "quality" (general texture and geometry) of the features that are causing the problem (when published at a larger scale).  It would perfectly fine if you moved the geometries or modified it in ways to obscure the confidential nature of the data.
0 Kudos