Drop Database User tool

06-09-2014 09:17 PM
Labels (1)
SeikoHIMIYAMA
Esri Contributor

On ArcGIS for Desktop, we can use Create Database User tool.

Sometimes we need to drop database user. Currently we need use DBMS Utilities to drop database user.
It would be greate that we can drop database user from ArcGIS for Desktop.

3 Comments
HélèneTouyéras

Hellpo Seiko,

A few lines to make your case stronger, if necessary:

We have the same case here, having created users with ArcGIS (therefiore also schemas in the underlying PGSQL RDMS).

We would need a tool for a clean & easy deletion of these users (and schemas) using ArcGIS or ArcPy.

I do not particulalry want to delete the schema in PgAdmin, as I guess there would remain traces of it somewhere deep in the SDE schema of that database.

This capability already exists, but for Oracle-based SDE geodatabases only. What we are asking for here is the same tool for other types of underlying RDMS (PostresSSQL in my case).

ESRI people, any advice welcome - many, many thanks!!

Best regards,

Hélène.

JamalNUMAN

Not sure if the Pro has a tool to delete theClip_399.jpgdatabase user or the only way to do it is from SQL server

feralcatcolonist

I would love to hear the rationale for not including this; since deleting a user (or group) was never a tool in ArcMap, I'm assuming there is some rationale?

This would be a nice quality of life addition for geodatabase administrators that have less direct access to their database environment and rely on a DBA to make those changes.