Simpler map pop-ups in Insights

11-05-2018 02:33 AM
StephStedman
New Contributor II

It would be nice to have some more options for how pop-ups are displayed in maps in Insights.

I am showing some numeric data for each of the London boroughs and the pop up currently shows the minimum, maximum and average spend for the whole dataset and the value for that particular borough is very small.  I'd like to just be able to have a simpler pop-up which just displayed the value for that location rather than all the statistical information as well.

5 Comments
ThomasEdghill

Hi Steph, Thank you for submitting this Idea.

Beginning in the 2.3 release of Insights, there has been the ability to see more detailed popup information about your layers. This is documented in the following documentation page, under the "Change the layer options" section: Create a map—Insights Create | ArcGIS 

I tested this out with some sample data that I loaded into a map card in Insights. The data is mock data with fake customer information, and I'm able to see popups such as this:

Does this meet your needs in terms of displaying all of the relevant attribute information? Any other feedback or comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

StephStedman

Hi Thomas

The improvements to the pop up tab look really good thanks!

Are there any plans to improve/allow users to edit the pop ups which appear on the map as opposed to the side tab?

Just the pop ups on the map are a lot more intuitive to users than the side full detail pop up?

Thanks,

Steph

VHolubec

This would be really great. Now the inability to set what will be in the header of the statistic pop-up is confusing for user.

by Anonymous User

I'd like to see:

1. The ability to resize/stretch the pop-ups table, the current format is cumbersome to scroll for longer field names/text values.
  2. The ability to "pin" or pop-out the attribute popup table, similar to the legend.  As it is User's forget where to click to view the pop-ups.  Simplifies for users by removing two clicks.  The option to display pop-up attributes as a distinct Card would help with this as well.
  3. The ability to configure which attributes display in each maps pop-up attributes.
  4. A toggle to set the attribute popup to appear in the map vs. on the side.
ChelseaRozek

I'd also like to be able to configure which attributes display in this popup as the list gets way too long.