Add Box plot chart in Dashboard elements

02-22-2018 08:03 AM
AbrinordOBV
New Contributor II

It would be nice to be able to select other types of charts such as box plots to add to a Dashboard. Currently, it is only possible to add serial charts or pie charts, which doesn't cover all types of charts sometimes needed to illustrate your data. 

In ArcGIS Pro, it is possible to create all sorts of charts: box plot, bar chart, line chart, scatter plot, QQ plot, histogram, profile graph. Currently, in WebApp builder, the chart widget will only let you choose from a bar chart, line chart or pie chart. If you want to display other types of charts, the only way is to create the chart in ArcGIS Pro or Excel or other stats tool and make an image out of the chart to be added in your App. However, it is sometimes essential that the chart is linked to the data or to be able to configure an action. 

Imagine all the possibilities!

7 Comments
AW_Grove

I would really like to see histograms as an option too!

RobBaxter

100% agree! Really disappointed these dashboards are so limited. Scatter plots would be a game changer for me.

LoganShank

Fast forward to 2022 and this is still not an option. Please add more charting functionality to Ops Dashboards. Box plots and scatter plots would be an absolute game changer.

MetralAlexis

Fast forward to 2023 and I'm still crying waiting for that (and the Serial Chart Dual-Axis as well). I can't believe it's not even under consideration. We regularly switch to other solution than ArcGIS Online Dashboard because of these limitations.

DougBrowning

Last UC or Dev Summit I asked on Box Plots and they said it was next on the list but it was not in this update.  We really need them also.

MetralAlexis

Yep, they added it to MapViewer only ! It's quite cool but would have been more useful in Dashboard. I still have faith to not be retired before getting that feature.

MFazio
by

Also here looking for a way to add boxplots to a dashboard and/or use them in experience builder... Hopefully soon!