Enhancements to Measurement Widget

10-04-2016 10:48 AM
RyanKelso
Occasional Contributor III

These features are needed for the Javascript API / WebAppbuilder measurement widget, when measuring a line or polyline:

• Display the total length AND segment length together dynamically when measuring polylines or polygons (perimeter)
  • Have the option to click a feature to get its measurements
  • Have the option of displaying the bearing of the current segment

The first two points have been a part of the ArcMap measure tool for as long as I can remember.  The measure widget feels incomplete without them!  There are widgets out there that do most of these things, but we really need them all combined into one simple and easy to use widget.

2 Comments
PaulStephenson

Agreeing with this idea. The need I am seeing is finding when a measurement is reached from a location. In WAB you don't know your measurement until its completed. In the standard web map viewer you see a measurement dynamically as it is being made.

Paul

Narendra_BabuVattem

Greetings,

As per the above query, please find the below mentioned Custom Measurement Widget developed by iSpatialTec.

For Tool demonstration, please click below url:

https://widgets.smartgeoapps.com/CustomMeasurement/

As well, I will be happy to guide you through anything you need. If you ever have questions, run into problems with the widget or anything at all, you can mail us at "connectus@ispatialtec.com"