Game, Fish & Parks Program Specialist I(Job Id 6374)
Location: Pierre Post Date: 04/18/2016
Agency: Game Fish & Parks Close Date: 05/02/2016
Employment Type: Permanent Employee
PLEASE ATTACH THE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Job ID: 6374
Agency: Department of Game, Fish and Parks; Division of Wildlife
Salary: $18.64 per hour
Pay Grade: GJ
This position will assist in the development and maintenance of a Geographic Information System (GIS) based inventory
and habitat management database of the Wildlife Division lands and private lands leased by the Wildlife Division across
South Dakota; and will also help coordinate GIS activities for a wide range of field staff and provide training on the uses
of GIS to field staff. This position also develops mobile applications for use by field staff.
This position will require periodic local, statewide and regional travel.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• GPS and the ESRI platform (e.g., ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcGIS Online, Collector, etc.);
• database design and management;
• the basic principles, terminology and operations associated with data processing.
• work independently with limited supervision;
• collect, organize and analyze information with special attention to detail;
• communicate clearly and effectively one-on-one or with large groups.
Additional Requirements: To be considered, attach your responses to the questions below. Your responses
must be clear, concise, and numbered.
1. Detail your experience working with Geographic Information Systems. Include the specific hardware and software
applications you have used and describe the products (maps, databases, etc.) you produced with these applications.
2.Describe your experience using Global Positioning System (GPS) equipment.
3.What role does a Geographic Information System play in wildlife and fisheries management?
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Apply at: http://bhr.sd.gov/workforus
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources