Parcel Fabric Information Model.ppkx

10-01-2020 04:38 AM
Labels (1)

Parcel Fabric Information Model.ppkx

This project package can be used to explain the parcel fabric information model, historic parcels, and parcel lineage.

It is used in this video.

Labels (1)
Attachments
Comments

How we can create parcel fabric in arc pro is there any demo on it sir? 

I would start with the User Conference technical session:

Parcel Fabric: Migrating and administrating parcels with ArcGIS Pro

I have a quick question and hope you can consider/reply: Can we use this concept to implement the 3D Record tracking for the Condominium unit transaction? For example: If a Unit of a Condo has been sold/transferred to another party several times, Can we track or display the transaction as the History Parcel? 
Many thanks for considering my request. 

@Sothea_VOEUN 

Interesting use-case.

Usually, organizations do not create historic parcels when there is a straight transfer of ownership. They only retire parcels when the geometry changes (regardless if this is 2D or 3D).

However, if you want to track all the condominium transactions, you will have to duplicate it and then retire one of the units. the workflow would look something like this:

1. Create an Active record
  2. Select the unit
  3. Use 'Duplicate parcels' with the option to update the field as 'none'
  4. Select one of the units
  5. Set historic

With 3.2 you will be able to depict the parcel lineage using Link Charts.

@Sothea_VOEUN @AmirBar-Maor 

We are in the very early stages of planning something similar to track leases. Each lease would equate to a new record. We would then add parcels representing lease property. Then when leases expire we would retire the parcel. Might lead to issues when multiple leases at the same parcel. We think there will be stacked or overlapping parcels.

@AmirBar-Maor Thank you for your explanation. But it seemed like we are multiplied the Unit of Condo. 
For my case, I just want to keep tracking the records/information about the unit of a condo that have been sold for several times. And those records could be displayed as Historic Unit_Parcel Type ( I want to use the parcel configuration concept (splitting/merging parcel) when displaying on the map, rather than going to the separated database and manually edit (traditional method).
Is there any possible way to do such thing while the unit of record is still remaining? (A shape of a unit of condo is remained, but the ownership is changed/transferred.)
Regards, 

@DrewDowling That is my point of interests. The fact is we cannot  multiplied the parcel/unit of a condo to represent the lease/ownership when doing a transaction for several times.
Is there any alternative ways to approach this concept? 
Regards, 

@DrewDowling @Sothea_VOEUN 

There is no issue in creating overlapping parcels (leases, easements, condominium units...)

If I understand correctly, you are interested in creating historic parcels for 'straight transfers' (the parcel geometry does not change, only a few attributes).

This is a record-driven workflow.

For the interim period, a task can help automate the process (the 5 steps above).

In the long term, we can consider enhancing the duplicate tool to do what you are asking for. Please submit an idea on the idea board.

Once parcel lineage depiction using link charts is released, another feature that might be asked is how to display straight transfers that are managed outside of the GIS. I have the feeling that organizations would not like to duplicate the parcel geometries in that case.

@Sothea_VOEUNI don't quite understand when you say

"The fact is we cannot multiplied the parcel/unit of a condo to represent the lease/ownership when doing a transaction for several times."

Can you not create a new Record then use the duplicate parcel tool to copy a condo? How are you condos stored? In our case we store condos in a related table, related to a single "base" tax parcel polygon.

In our case duplicating the base polygon won't work since we don't allow overlaps. We are probably going to create a separate parcel type for leased properties.

I've been thinking of ways to keep leases in a table and related them to records but don't know how geometry would be created or maintained without an actual Tax Parcel type.

@AmirBar-MaorThanks for your feedback. It's always so helpful.

@AmirBar-Maor In my case, I try to avoid duplicating parcels to represent the floor/unit of a condo (for long-term database management). Plus, I was wondering if we could display the unit of the condo that has been sold several times as the Historic ( For the parcel configuration, Historic is helpful when doing the merging/splitting parcel. This is also helpful for managing and tracking parcel lineage). By the way, this is just my idea, and if it is possible, that is something really awesome for the modern cadastral system.

Thank you.

@DrewDowling My Question is: Can we track the unit of a condo that has been sold several times through Historic in the ArcGIS Pro Parcel Fabric? ( This concept is coming from the parcel configuration. Since PF is a record-driven workflow, it is powerful in tracking the parcel lineage when doing a splitting/merging parcel.)
I was wondering if I could discuss with you what idea and task you have done with Condo management.
Please kindly contact me via voeunsothea.vst@gmail.com 

Your idea would be an excellent idea for my academic research.
Thank you.

Version history
Last update:
‎10-01-2020 04:38 AM
Updated by:
Contributors