- Bachelor’s degree preferably in GIS, Geography, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field plus three to five years of experience in GIS application development on the ArcGIS Platform (ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, etc.). Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in meeting these requirements.
- Experience in GIS application development, using programming, scripting languages and code repositories, such as Microsoft .NET, C++, C, SQL, Java, Python, C#, Qt, Arcade, JSON, Git, Github, Jira, Microsoft Team Foundation Server/Azure DevOps.
- Experience developing with ArcGIS REST API.
- Experience with industry standard software development lifecycles (SDLC) such as Waterfall, Agile, Rapid Application Development (RAD) or DevOps.
- Must have knowledge of relational database management systems, and database concepts, using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Must have knowledge of the theory and use of Windows operating systems, mass storage file techniques, telecommunications, scanners, plotters, global positioning systems, and field computer equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong analytical, spatial analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and meet WaterOne driving standards.
- Must pass post offer medical exam, including drug screen and background information verification (may not apply to current employees).
Preferred Education, Skills & Experience
- Utility GIS experience, preferably in water or wastewater.
- ArcGIS Integration Experience with 3rd party applications, Asset Management, Hydraulic Modeling, and/or Work Management Systems.
- Experience designing, developing and deploying applications leveraging cloud services such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
These key core competencies are expected to be demonstrated by each employee at WaterOne:
- Customer Focus - Demonstrates a concern for satisfying both internal and external customers and builds collaborative relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Communicates Effectively - Demonstrates the ability to listen and express oneself effectively.
- Interpersonal Savvy - Demonstrates the ability to effectively coordinate with others to achieve goals and solve problems by maintain flexibility and open mindedness.
- Problem Solving/Drive for Results - Demonstrates the ability to find solutions to complex problems.
- Conscientiousness - Expresses the motivation to perform one's job in a careful, thorough way that adheres to the standards of honesty and integrity.
In addition to organizational competencies, these key competencies are expected to be demonstrated by each employee in this position:
- GIS concepts and methodologies – Demonstrated understanding of the science of geography with a proven ability to reveal insights into data, such as patterns, relationships, and situations to help users make smarter decisions.
- Analytical – Examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
- Creative & Innovative – Develops fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges.
- Dependable – Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight.
- Growth & Development - Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally lift/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to move occasionally from one location to another or be able to remain in a stationary position for up to several hours a day. The employee must be able to use office productivity equipment such as a personal computer, calculator, printer, and copy machine. The employee must be in possession of a licenses and be able to operate a vehicle at any given time. The employee must be able to install, maintain, or service computer hardware and software and other related equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in both the field and a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate except when in the field on a jobsite.