Troubleshooting - Districting for ArcGIS

05-30-2018 12:09 PM

Troubleshooting - Districting for ArcGIS

Install/Uninstall

When you try to install Districting for ArcGIS, you might get the message, "Another version of Districting for ArcGIS is already installed. Please use Add or Remove Programs to remove the presently installed version before installing this one." But when you try to uninstall the old version in Add/Remove in the Control Panel, it says it's already uninstalled. In this case, run RegEdit and remove the registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AV_REDIST_EXT so you can install the new version.

Comments

I am having a problem with the Districting tool for Arc Map 10.6.  I have installed the tool, when I try to ue it I get the message "Error in BackupPlanTable"  then when I click ok it says "Error making a backup of the plan table" This happens every time I happens every time I hit start editing on the Districting toolbar.  I have uninstalled the tool and reinstalled it several times, but get the same problem.  I have tried a bunch of different data, including the sample data provided by Esri.  Nothing seems to work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I can't find anything online about this error.

If you don't see any 'plans' listed in the database when trying to open one, this post has a probable solution. 

Version history
Last update:
‎05-30-2018 12:09 PM
Updated by:
Contributors