This Senior Software Developer position is with the San Diego Gas & Electric IT GIS support team and will focus on the integration aspects of GIS vendor software products in addition to integration with other internal systems using .NET architecture framework. Under the leadership and tactical supervision of a Software Project Lead, Senior Developers collaborate with internal customers, Business Analysts, IT colleagues, and other stakeholders to identify user requirements, assess application impacts, and recommend solution options. Individuals in this job position should be familiar with all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle and project management techniques. Senior Developers may have leadership responsibility for small projects, regularly coach other team members, and may plan work for others to meet project deadlines. Senior Developer primary job functions include:
- Perform analysis to identify system impacts and estimate development efforts.
- Perform complex hands-on integrated programming, data analysis, and application development including maintenance and future enhancements of existing systems.
- Development of project proposals, recommend optimal approaches and develop GIS application designs. Advises on alternatives and on implications of new or revised GIS software and applications.
- This position may require knowledge of ESRI desktop software & extensions to perform GIS analysis and create professional map documents for a wide spectrum of projects.
- A bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, or equivalent work experience and technical training is required.
- Minimum five years’ experience in developing and implementing IT projects required and experience with software package installation, configuration and systems integration.
- Experience in the following is required:.NET software development, Web Services, UML, XML, XSD, and WSDL Web services platforms and interoperability between J2EE, and .NET, platforms
- In depth knowledge of information technologies and methodologies in distributed computing environments is critical Strong problem solving, analytical and technical skills
- Ability to quickly acquire and utilize new business knowledge and technical skills
- Other technical areas of knowledge should include information security, server infrastructure, storage, disaster recovery, middleware technologies and database technologies.
- Experience in GIS application design, programming, implementation, and support for GIS and work management applications is a definite plus.
Closing Date: April 13th, 2018
Senior Software Developer - GIS Job at San Diego Gas and Electric Company in San Diego, CA, US | LinkedIn