The following links and documents are intended as post-class, supplemental learning resources for the Creating Story Maps with ArcGIS course.
- Story Maps newsletter – This is a great way to stay current on the latest Story Maps developments
- Story Maps blog – I am always impressed by the regularity and quality of new content on this blog. Add it to your favorites.
- Story Maps developers corner – If you are interested in customizing story maps, this is an essential resource.
- Story Maps: Configuring and Customizing Web Apps – Nice, technical video from the 2017 Dev Summit
- How to Create a Story Map Cascade – Short, high level explanation of creating Cascade story maps, something we don’t do in the course.
- Twitter card validator – See what your story map tweet is really going to look like before you send it.
- RGB to Hex Converter - This is really useful when choosing custom color schemes for story map themes in apps like the Map Tour, Series and Shortlist.
- Story map videos - Esri E360 videos filtered by the "story map" tag. The Design Story Maps to Change Hearts and Minds video is a great recommendation.
- Esri DIY GeoApps MOOC - This free, online course covers story maps and their web GIS cousin - Web App Builder. The course is offered periodically, but you can register now and reserve your seat for the next offering.
- In-Class Resources story map - This story map, created by instructor, Rudy Prosser, contains links to all of the resources we use and explore in the Creating Story Maps with ArcGIS course. It is also a great example to of how a story map can be used to organize things.
- Comprehensive catalog of Esri story map blog posts
2 people found this helpful