Dashboard embedded Web form - repeat query

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
CoreyLunty1
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have a workflow as follows:

Users survey assets in Survey123 and flag deficiencies if present

Team Leads use a Dashboard to see asset inspections with outstanding deficiencies, and update the records via embedded survey123

I had a question - does the S123 web app embedded in Dashboards honor the bind::esri::parameters value on a  begin repeat line?

I am trying to use a query to filter out asset inspections which do not have deficiencies, but no matter how I structure the query, all repeats are shown for the survey, not just those with deficiencies.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

For such things, we use a form that is for the related table (inspections, in your case) directly, rather than using repeats on the points layer form. Like what @DougBrowning suggests, we have a separate table / list widget that shows the related records we care about, and those link to the embedded form.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

8 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Unless I am missing something, what you described should be the intended behaviour. I.e., survey has 5 items in a repeat, so you will always see 5 items in that repeat when you open it.

You can use filters to hide an entire survey though, based on some parameter.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is this added via embed or are you using the 123 widget?

Also you could maybe set up the table widget to just show some and then link that to the 123 widget.  Not sure.

0 Kudos
clt_cabq
Occasional Contributor III

is there a s123 widget for the operations dashboard? I thought that was only available in Experience Builder?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Opps sorry only in ExB.  Ops does not allow any editing but I heard they are changing that.

I would look into ExB if you want to edit.

0 Kudos
clt_cabq
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for clarifying, i was afraid I'd missed something. The OP mentioned the survey being 'embedded' in a dashboard, I wonder if they are using using the embedded content widget to provide access to a survey? I have been trying to figure out a way to do this kind of thing myself but the options are pretty limited and the embedded content approach feels a bit clunky. 

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yea I think that is what they are doing.  We had limited success with the embedded also.  We like the Dashboards interface but no editing.  We want them to open that up.

I recently was posting on this here but Derek is no longer on the team.  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-dashboards-questions/edit-data-within-an-operations-dashboard/t... 

We have had some luck putting a ExB in a Dashboard.

We also have done things like use Arcade to create a launch URL that opens a new window with the 123 form which is more stable it seems.  Not as slick though.

For simple edits we use a Field Maps form too.

jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

For such things, we use a form that is for the related table (inspections, in your case) directly, rather than using repeats on the points layer form. Like what @DougBrowning suggests, we have a separate table / list widget that shows the related records we care about, and those link to the embedded form.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
CoreyLunty1
New Contributor III

Thank you Josh!

That is exactly what I did in the end.  Special reviewer form only points to the repeat records, and I use some Arcade magic and a couple list widgets to display and select the relevant records that need review / updating by the lead staff.

0 Kudos