Select to view content in your preferred language

How to enforce update to latest version of survey when opening survey from a URL within a map pop-up?

Jump to solution
07-20-2022 08:08 AM
CarlVricella
New Contributor III

The setting in connect/web app to "Require update to latest version of this survey" is useless in the workflow where you have users accessing a survey via a map popup if the previous version of the survey is already downloaded on their device. In this scenario the old version of the survey will automatically open within the Survey123 app (from either Field Maps or Collector) and the user can submit without issue. Is there anyway to stop this from happening? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

For anybody that finds this thread, note this is a defect logged as BUG-000152007. If it is impacting your workflows reach out to Esri Support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Last I know, because it does the check on the information page (is that the right name for it?) of the survey it doesn't do this check, I hope I'm wrong and they've changed this, otherwise I just want to add my support to this fix being needed!

0 Kudos
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

For anybody that finds this thread, note this is a defect logged as BUG-000152007. If it is impacting your workflows reach out to Esri Support.

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi @Richard_Purkis 

Thank you for sharing this information! I have contacted Esri Support and requested to be attached to this bug. I want to point out, as the bug specifies 'web map pop-up' that I encounter this issue accessing a URL to open a Survey123 form from anywhere. My organization has started using links from Power BI for example to edit existing entries in the desktop Survey123 app. (Sidenote: The current URL schemes in Power BI don't allow the app to open directly, a web browser page opens first. The direct to app scheme is not recognized by Microsoft.)

I also really want to point out a similar issue we've been having, where the linked content like CSVs for external choice lists, do not get downloaded or updated when opening Survey123 via URL. Such as found here: Survey checks for updates when loaded from web lin... - Esri Community

This one causes me more pain on a regular basis. I have a bug logged as BUG-000141398. I really hope it can be addressed soon as it really nullifies using URLs for a lot of our surveys.

0 Kudos
CarlVricella
New Contributor III

What are they going to do the bug is already known and there is no plan to address?

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Both bugs listed are currently marked as Under Consideration when I view them in My Esri, so hopefully this means they are being looked at for fixes. I'm hoping they will change the point at which they check for the updates because that screen gets skipped so it makes no sense as the trigger.

The best thing to do would be contact Esri Support and add your organization to these bugs as well and give your business case for it. The more people we get to bring it up the more they have to look at it!

0 Kudos