Trouble Connecting to ArcGIS Portal

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
McKinneyPatrickPAContractor
New Contributor

I am working with my Azure team to resolve access to ArcGIS Portal from within the ArcGIS for Excel add-on.  It was working, but after they made web application firewall changes, we can no longer sign-in.  When I enter the Portal URL, a red message states "The specified ArcGIS Online (or ArcGIS Enterprise) URL is not valid."

We are able to login in our Development environment.  They wanted to know if this application requires "Cookie based Affinity settings?"

Our Development environment's web application firewall has this setting enabled.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

My Azure IT team did enable Cookie based Affinity settings.  However, a solution engineer learned from the product team that this does not need to be enabled.

I also had to remove duplicate HTTP Response headers in IIS.  I'm not sure if any of these, or a combination of changes, resolved the issue.

But we are able to sign in to Portal from Excel. Thanks for following up.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ShannonCardoza
Esri Contributor

@McKinneyPatrickPAContractor Good afternoon! I wanted to follow up to see if you received assistance regarding this portal issue. 

-SC

Shannon Cardoza
Product Engineer
0 Kudos
New Contributor

My Azure IT team did enable Cookie based Affinity settings.  However, a solution engineer learned from the product team that this does not need to be enabled.

I also had to remove duplicate HTTP Response headers in IIS.  I'm not sure if any of these, or a combination of changes, resolved the issue.

But we are able to sign in to Portal from Excel. Thanks for following up.

ShannonCardoza
Esri Contributor

Thank you for the information @McKinneyPatrickPAContractor This may end up helping others in the future also!

All the best, 

-SC

Shannon Cardoza
Product Engineer
0 Kudos