Add Attribute Table toggle missing from Add from GIS

08-15-2023 06:46 AM
SaraVanNingen1
New Contributor

We are trying to get Excel For GIS up and running for our employees and all the references mention a "Add Attribute Table" toggle is present and active for Add From GIS when you add feature classes to the map pane. We are not seeing the toggle for our feature classes and have even played around with editing and sync settings to try to get the toggle to appear. Below is a screenshot of our Add From ArcGIS window and we are using the AGOL login credentials to access our information. I am having a hard time finding information on trouble shooting this problem, so any help is appreciated. 

SaraVanNingen1_0-1692106839323.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ShannonCardoza
Esri Contributor

@SaraVanNingen1 Thank you for posting your question. 

This appears to be a permission issue. Creator permission at minimum is required to use analysis functions. Creators can create and edit content such as maps and apps, perform spatial analysis using the analysis tools in ArcGIS Online, collect data, and collaborate and share content for use in apps. The organization administrator can assign and change privileges that are necessary.

See the User types for more information. 

Apologies the resources on this were a bit hard to find. Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

Shannon Cardoza
Product Engineer
0 Kudos
QuantitativeFuturist
Occasional Contributor

@ShannonCardoza Having the same issue here, I would've thought that any licensed user can at least view the attribute table? When I log in as even a field worker I 'm not able to even see the attribute table in excel - but I am able to load the feature service to the map.

0 Kudos
CatherineRiihimaki
New Contributor

@ShannonCardoza I'm having the same issue of no toggle button even though I have a Creator license. This seems like such a great tool if you can view and edit the attribute table, but right now I can't. Can you advise what the solution might be?

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 3.04.38 PM.png

0 Kudos
ShannonCardoza
Esri Contributor

@CatherineRiihimaki Thank you for reaching out! I am going to take a guess and ask if you can double-check which licenses you have assigned to your profile (username) . I suspect you may need to 'assign' the office app, ArcGIS for Excel? Or you may need to see which role is assigned to your profile (username). See example below - 

ShannonCardoza_0-1714416929195.png

Please let me know if this helps! 

All the best, 

SC

Shannon Cardoza
Product Engineer
0 Kudos