Query tool show on map can't clear highlighted features

Jump to solution
a week ago
Labels (1)
StephenKing3
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have an ExB app using the query widget to carry out a number of different searches. I can use the Action to highlight features from the search results using 'Show on map', however, I can't work out how to clear the highlighted features. New searches just add additional results to the highlighted features. Clear Search clears the results, but doesn't remove the highlight from the features. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

There are two trashcans associated with the Query Widget. The one that appears in the Query Widget itself clears the search results. 

A second trashcan will appear on the Map Widget (always in the lower-right corner?) after pressing show on map. This trashcan will clear the highlighting.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Somewhere on your map there will be a little trash can. That is how you clear the query highlights.

JeffreyThompson2_0-1714062894134.png

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
StephenKing3
New Contributor III

Thanks, that doesn’t seem to work for me. It clears the search results but not the highlight on the map.

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

There are two trashcans associated with the Query Widget. The one that appears in the Query Widget itself clears the search results. 

A second trashcan will appear on the Map Widget (always in the lower-right corner?) after pressing show on map. This trashcan will clear the highlighting.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
StephenKing3
New Contributor III

Ah, brilliant. Got it, thank you.

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-ideas/move-clear-highlights-button-from-quer...

I made an Idea based on this.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos